Boy Meets Girl


It's the story you've heard time and time again.

Boy meets girl.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
They live happily ever after.

Only not.

Our story is more complicated. And yet, it's all so simple.

Boy meets girl.
Girls is unavailable.
Boy and girl work together.
Boy and girl become great friends.
Girl is available.
Boy likes girl.
Girl likes boy.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets deployed.
Girl plans a wedding.

I'm that girl, welcome to my blog.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Girl makes a website

Boy proposes to Girl
Girl says yes.
Boy goes to war.
Girl plans a wedding.
Boy invites family.
Girl invites family.
Girl makes a website.

When we made the change to the wedding plans, and decided to go out of town for the wedding, some things stayed the same, but a lot of things changed. Coordinating a wedding out of town is not the easiest thing in the world... in fact, it has proven to have lots of complications. One of those is communicating all of the proper information to our family.

Originally when we planned to go out of town, I didn't think we'd send out invitations. It's only a very small amount of people... our close family... so I figured we'd just tell them all the info. But it didn't take long for me to realize that was not going to work. Besides, the photographer, crafter in me couldn't do without an invitation... what would I scrapbook?!?

My next attempt at organization and letting everyone know all of the information was creating a wedding website. There are lots of companies that do this, and lots of free ways to do this through wedding websites, but since I do this for my clients, I decided I would do my own. Then I could make it look however I wanted it to, and put whatever info I want!

So here is our wedding website. It will give away some hints to future blogs, but I am excited to share it anyway :)

1 comment:

Fair Lady of the Stable said...

I've been following your first photography blog and now loving the wedding blog too. I have to say, your creativity and ideas both in pictures you took of other people's weddings (I think I'm in love with the idea of little candy jars and things the guests can take home) and your own wedding ideas excite me. Your creativity inspires me to ponder and imagine what I could do for my very own wedding someday, however I'd have to incorporate some special aspect that has significance to us two, I think that sets your own wedding aside from any other. I wish you all the best and hope that through the stress, you achieve every last minor detail to perfection and bring yourself the upmost satisfaction in a job well done.
A quiet secret little follower :)