Boy Meets Girl


It's the story you've heard time and time again.

Boy meets girl.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
They live happily ever after.

Only not.

Our story is more complicated. And yet, it's all so simple.

Boy meets girl.
Girls is unavailable.
Boy and girl work together.
Boy and girl become great friends.
Girl is available.
Boy likes girl.
Girl likes boy.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets deployed.
Girl plans a wedding.

I'm that girl, welcome to my blog.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Girl goes shopping

Boy proposes to Girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy goes to war.
Girl plans a wedding.
Girl goes shopping.

I love to shop.
It doesn't matter what I'm buying, or if I'm not even buying anything at all. But my favorite kind of shopping is the kind where you are looking for something specific... I imagine it's a bit like how the guys feel when they go hunting. I look, I find, I kill. Then I bring it home with me.

I knew that some shopping would be required for the wedding.
There's the typical shopping... dress shopping... shoe shopping....
But after we found the venue and started to put things together, I realized that I needed center pieces, and some fun little details.
And so the shopping began :)

The first shopping trip was with Javier's cousin-in-law, Danielle. She and I scoured several stores and managed to track down lots of treasures for great prices!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We also found several other things that I will be blogging about later on that turned into DIY projects.

Right now I am up in Oregon visiting family. One of our traditions is shopping the day after Christmas. We do it every year. At a ridiculously early hour of the morning. And we love every minute of it! It was not my plan to shop for the wedding... but it just sort of... happened.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Okay now I know that some of that alone looks a little overwhelming... and almost cheesy. But not to worry. It won't be when I'm done with it :)

I am building a crazy collection of stuff. I can't wait to put it all together!!!
And I need to add a little note here for my mother: Please excuse the poor quality of these photos. I know I am a photographer, but I seem to take the majority of my personal photos with my cell phone. There is no excuse, I know. Don't worry... we will have a wedding photographer (2 actually)... I will not be taking our wedding photos with my cell phone.

No comments: