Boy Meets Girl


It's the story you've heard time and time again.

Boy meets girl.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
They live happily ever after.

Only not.

Our story is more complicated. And yet, it's all so simple.

Boy meets girl.
Girls is unavailable.
Boy and girl work together.
Boy and girl become great friends.
Girl is available.
Boy likes girl.
Girl likes boy.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets deployed.
Girl plans a wedding.

I'm that girl, welcome to my blog.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boy uses webcam

Boy meets Girl.
Boy and Girl become friends.
Boy falls in love with Girl.
Girl falls in love with Boy.
Boy proposes to Girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy goes to war.
Girl misses Boy.
Boy misses Girl.

I knew it would be hard.
I knew I would miss him.

But the thing is... J is not just my fiance. He is my very best friend.
For quite a while, we've been inseparable. We've spent every spare minute together, and even worked together. We've been together from the time we got up in the morning, until going home at night. Going from that, to not seeing each other for several months, and having limited contact... needless to say it is incredibly difficult.

I know that communication in the Army is limited when they are overseas. I get that. But I have been blessed with an amazing guy, who truly loves me. I have heard from many of the girls whose husbands, boyfriends and fiance's are overseas as well (or who have been in the past). I hear over and over how little they hear from their significant others. So when J got to the middle east, I was pleasantly suprised when I got a phone call right away. And then another. And another. And another.

I have continued to get phone calls, and emails throughout the time that J has been gone. Sometimes that means that he has to get dressed in his full fatigues, walk for quite a ways, wait in line, and call me from a phone there on the base. Sometimes it means balancing a laptop on a chair in the middle of their tent. But whatever it takes, he contacts me. He calls me, he emails me, and on a very special occasion, he will Skype with me!

Photobucket


I am so thankful for my hardworking fiance. I am so thankful for a man that loves me so much that he will walk across the desert in the middle of the night just to talk to me for a few short minutes. Over and over again.

Sometimes I feel a little like I'm 16 years old, and that cute boy in my English class looked my direction and smiled.
And then asked me out.
I get butterflies when I hear his name.
I find myself daydreaming about the next time I will see him.
When my phone rings and his ringer plays, I am a bit giddy.
And I've even scribbled my name and his last name across a paper or two.
Yep, I'm basically a glorified 16 year old girl.

But I am absolutely in love with this man.
And I am so blessed that he loves me just as much.
Maybe more :)

No comments: