Boy Meets Girl


It's the story you've heard time and time again.

Boy meets girl.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
They live happily ever after.

Only not.

Our story is more complicated. And yet, it's all so simple.

Boy meets girl.
Girls is unavailable.
Boy and girl work together.
Boy and girl become great friends.
Girl is available.
Boy likes girl.
Girl likes boy.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets deployed.
Girl plans a wedding.

I'm that girl, welcome to my blog.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Boy gives a gift

Boy proposes to Girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets leave.
Girl goes to visit.
Boy takes Girl to Tiffany's.
Boy buys Girl a bracelet.
Girl says goodbye.
Boy goes to war.
Girl plans a wedding.
Boy sends a gift.

Christmas time.
The most wonderful time of the year.
Usually my most favorite time of the year.
I love the shopping and lights. The songs and the decorations.
But this year has been very different.
Having J gone has been really difficult.
I haven't been happy and full of cheer... but actually kind of sad and down.
It's hard missing our first Christmas together.

J mentioned that a Christmas gift would be arriving for me.
And it sure did.
From New Jersey.
I wasn't really sure how that happened or what to expect.
But I eagerly ripped into the shipping box and this was staring back at me:

Photobucket


I instantly knew what it was. I've become familiar with Tiffany & Co.

Photobucket


I slowly opened the little blue box and found a little blue pouch :)

Photobucket


And inside the little blue pouch...

Photobucket


Once again, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Not only had he not forgotten me on Christmas but he picked out an amazing gift that I was totally not expecting. I am constantly amazed at how he listens to the things I say and takes them to heart. Somehow, all the way from Kuwait, he managed to remember something that I had pointed out in the store months ago. Then he managed to have it sent to me... IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

Complete with the little blue box... and red holiday bow :)

And if I wasn't lucky enough... I found this note:

Photobucket


March cannot come soon enough! Only two and a half months until I marry my very best friend. The man who loves me more than I ever thought someone could.

No comments: