Boy Meets Girl


It's the story you've heard time and time again.

Boy meets girl.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
They live happily ever after.

Only not.

Our story is more complicated. And yet, it's all so simple.

Boy meets girl.
Girls is unavailable.
Boy and girl work together.
Boy and girl become great friends.
Girl is available.
Boy likes girl.
Girl likes boy.
Boy proposes to girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy gets deployed.
Girl plans a wedding.

I'm that girl, welcome to my blog.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Girl gets brooches

Boy proposes to Girl.
Girl says yes.
Boy goes to war.
Girl plans a wedding.
Girl asks for help.
Girl gets brooches.

When it comes to this brooch bouquet, some things have gone exactly according to plan, and some things have been a complete surprise.
One of the best surprises is the fact that I have received pins from people that I have never met!!! Two of those people are Susie and Francine. Both are J's relatives, but I've never met either of them! Susie and I are friends on facebook and her husband is deployed with the Army as well, so we have lots in common. When I got her package in the mail, I was overjoyed! Then I saw that her dad's wife, Francine had also sent a couple of pins! They are so great and will make fantastic additions to the bouquet!

From Susie:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


From Francine:
Photobucket

Photobucket


Another pin I received from someone I've never met is a facebook friend and blog reader/photographer. Faith Cherrise. She sent the pin with some amazing pictures her kids drew for J! I am completely blown away by her kindness! And I love the pin (I know J will love the pictures too!):

Photobucket


Another photog friend contributed to my bouquet as well! I showed up to shoot a wedding on New Years day, and my second shooter for the day, Lisa, came bearing a beautiful pin. She was a teacher and said she used to wear it to school. She wore it so much that the pin eventually broke off of the back! But I love it and it made a perfect flower for my bouquet!

Photobucket


Yesterday I was thrilled to open up a letter in the mail and find this beautiful, unique pin:

Photobucket


It was sent from J's cousin, Mallory. She and I have also become friends over the last few months (thanks again Facebook!) and she has been planning a wedding as well. We've bonded over chatting about weddings, marriage, family, and silly stories. It's been great getting to know another family member! :)

I know I typically only blog about one or two pins in a blog, but I have soooo many coming in and so many more things to blog! I want to make sure I get to everything! I only have 56 more days until the wedding! I can't believe how quickly it's come (although sometimes it still feels decades away!)

1 comment:

JennB said...

Hi Diandra, I've been following this blog since you started it and have been following your photography (which I love!) since I met you at a SmugMug meet in 2009. I feel almost awkward for asking but I would love to send you a pin I have that I think would be perfect for your bouquet. I look forward to your wedding day.